Saturday, September 17, 2011

Health

Well most of you who live near me know that I seem to be becoming the new Pillsbury spokes person. This is allotted to stress eating, fatigue and general ignoring of myself.

Thankfully I have a great backyard to use for my new EXERCISE regime. It it full of waist high weeds and is rather large in size. My new workout will be raking, pulling, swearing, and just getting good and sweaty. I may lose most of my weight in snot as I breathe in all the dust from these precious weeds. So be it. I'm going to be happy with the end result in my backyard being ready for grass seed, and in me for getting the job done and getting some exercise.

Preston has been a joy to work with and likes to sit on his tractor or work along side me.

Last week I worked on a Saturday and both girls joined me out side. It was not relaxing as usual. They had lots to say, and they bickered, and complained. I could feel myself getting ready to explode and banish them back to the house. I took a deep breath and thought "this is important" and just tried to ignore them the rest of the time. Does this make me a bad mom? To some. But to me, tolerating them and spending time with them working is important. And even though it was less enjoyable to me, they seemed to gain from the experience.

Even though Maddy refused to be happy with whatever tool she was given (even though each one were the ones she begged whined and cried for) and Haven was getting tired of her noise and having to give up her tools to pacify the little crazy. Preston just continued to sit on his tractor and play with his sand toys.

Haven also was impressed and a little envious that I could DRIP sweat! Cool. Somethign else I am good at. I told her when she hit puberty she'd sweat more and she is looking forward to being able to drip sweat too. Funny kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment